I Dug, Beneath the Cypress Shade 柏树荫下,我挖了一个坟墓

浏览 20

I Dug, Beneath the Cypress Shade——Thomas Love Peacock

柏树荫下,我挖了一个坟墓

陈绍鹏 译

I dug, beneath the cypress shade,

柏树荫下,我挖了一个坟墓,

What well might seem an elfin's grave;

仿佛要将一个小精灵埋葬;

And every pledge in earth I laid,

所有的爱情信物我都放入土壤,

That erst thy false affection gave.

往昔你付出的感情如此虚假。

I pressed them down the sod beneath;

我把它们压在草地之下;

I placed one mossy stone above;

用一块生苔的墓石立在上方;

And twined the rose's fading wreath

将枯萎的玫瑰编织成花圈

Around the sepulchre of love.

环绕这爱情的墓场。

Frail as thy love, the flowers were dead,

这些花朵像你的爱一样脆弱,

Ere yet the evening sun was set:

夕阳还未落下就已经死亡:

But years shall see the cypress spread,

但每年总会目睹柏树的伸展,

Immutable as my regret.

恍如我终生难解的惆怅。


相关文章