Into My Own 走进自我

浏览 12

Into My Own——Robert Lee Frost

走进自我

陈绍鹏 译

One of my wishes is that those dark trees,

我的愿望之一,是这些黑色的树林,

So old and firm they scarcely show the breeze,

古老而苍劲,密不透风,

Were not, as ‘twere, the merest mask of gloom,

不会只戴着幽暗的面具,

But stretched away unto the edge of doom.

而是一直延伸到厄运的边际。

I should not be withheld but that some day

我不应被阻挡,终有一天

Into their vastness I should steal away,

我会悄悄离去,走入那广阔的林间,

Fearless of ever finding open land,

不惧怕从未发现的旷野,

Or highway where the slow wheel pours the sand.

或是迟缓车轮倾倒沙粒的公路。

I do not see why I should e’er turn back,

想不出有什么理由能让我回头,

Or those should not set forth upon my track

此时思念我的友人

To overtake me, who should miss me here

没有沿着我的足迹而启程,去追赶我

And long to know if still I held them dear.

而是渴望知道我是否依然爱着他们。

They would not find me changed from him they knew—

他们会发现我没有改变——

Only more sure of all I thought was true.

只是更加坚信我忠实的意念。


相关文章